Monday 19 March 2012

Another day at the office

Work has been stop-start this morning:

10:05am - Neil Calbrade wandered in to announce that there was a Water Rail in Reception, found at Thetford Sports Centre(!) last night and now awaiting ringing-and-release (thanks for the ringing tick Neil - a fine way to open my C permit account!).

11:20am - Simon Gillings rang from the front lawn to say that those of my colleagues who had been sensible enough to take coffee break outside were watching a Red Kite (116) drifting over! Needless to say, I was downstairs and out onto the front lawn in about 8 seconds.
Red Kite - right on time per my local records

A fantastic male Merlin was at the site I've now visited 5 times (3 by bike) to dip Rough-legged Buzzard... but being Mother's Day, it was a motorised visit :(

Percentage of target to date - 75%
Distance cycled - 202.8mls / 326.4km
Latest addition - Red Kite (116) 19 Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment