Wednesday 11 April 2012

Almost correct...!



 You can’t ever give up during spring out here. After 45 minutes and 4 migrants of 3 species (ok, one was an Upcher’s Warbler that appeared in the tree above us whilst I was gassing with Steve: generally not a good way to find any birds) I walked round a hedge at the racecourse and almost trod on a male semenowi Cinereous Bunting. This counts as a major result in my book: only my 3rd on AD island (the previous two being within 4 days of each other in 2009) and better, only the 6th I have ever seen, anywhere! He gave wicked close views for a good 20 minutes before I felt obliged to go and try to find (again) his much commoner congener on the golf course nearby. Nothing doing there, but Red-throated Pips have now almost reached semi-respectable figures (30).

OSCAR

Total so far - 139 (79%)
Last addition – Cinereous Bunting (11th April)

No comments:

Post a Comment