Sunday 22 April 2012

Jack of Diamonds

It's a funny old spring. March more like July, April more like February, migrants conspicuous by their absence. A few better-late-than-nevers notched up in my circle this weekend (namely Tree Pipit, Nightingale, Cuckoo and Redstart) but with sister, bro-in-law and their nipper staying, all 4 were carbon-fuelled. I was just mustering the enthusiasm for a late afternoon shower-dodging pedal somewhere or other, to try to make non-motorised amends, when Richard Thewlis rang to say he'd pulled something special out of the bag down at the Nunnery Lakes. 10 minutes, 1.2 miles later and I was scoping the following:

...or to make it a little easier:

Like Chris, I can now officially hang up my wellies! Fantastic Jack Snipe (127) OML - altogether more 'winter' than 'spring' but no complaints here!

Percentage of target to date - 82%
Distance cycled - 238.2mls / 383.3km
Latest addition - Jack Snipe (127) 22 April

No comments:

Post a Comment